Ballyowen Meadows Family Assessment Centre
Social Care Worker’s for various roles
Including a Full time day shift role (39 hours per week)
- A Full time Temporary contract (Sleepovers)
- A Maternity Leave contract (Sleepovers) Dec 2023 – July 2024
and Relief on call contracts
- Person Specification: We are currently seeking to recruit Social Care Worker’s to work in our Family Based Residential centre in Clondalkin, Dublin 22, in various roles as set out above.
What does Ballyowen Meadows do?
Ballyowen Meadows is a National Family Assessment and Intervention Service established in 1998 committed to ensuring best outcomes for children. This purpose-built centre provides a unique setting in which children can live with their families in a safe and secure environment while parenting skills are assessed and developed.
The family based residential placements at Ballyowen Meadows aim to be preventative in their design, enabling service providers to uniquely address child protection concerns within the family while, at the same time, supporting families to remain connected with each other.
We have extensive experience working with vulnerable and complex cases. The centre is staffed on a 24hour basis by qualified Social Care Workers, who have received additional training in The Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families.
We believe that:
• All children have the right to have their safety and welfare needs met.
• All adults have a responsibility to respond to concerns and worries regarding the safety and wellbeing of children.
• Some people need extra support to parent their children.
• Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
Link to website: https://ballyowenmeadows.ie/
Location: Fonthill Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, D22 K751
Hours of Work: Residential Work/Relief/On-Call Basis
Qualifications: A recognised third level practice qualification (minimum Level 7 on the NFQ) in Applied Social Studies/Social Care.
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience in the area of residential care.
Experience working in partnership with vulnerable children and families.
Essential competencies: communication skills, commitment to providing the highest level of service, openness to change, professionalism, respect for others.
All applicants must have a full, clean driving license.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• You will work alongside a strong consistent team to complete individual family assessments in line with Framework for Assessment of Children in need and their Families (The Family Assessment).
• To carry out observations that are evidence based and recorded to a high standard in line with the centre’s policies and procedures.
• Undertake one to one therapeutic work with children and parents that are aimed at supporting positive parenting, supports reflective parenting practices, enhances the parent child relationships, and addresses any behavioral and emotional difficulties.
• Parenting support and practical help in setting day to day family routines, household maintenance and budgeting.
Closing date: Friday 27 October 2023@ 5pm
Interview dates: Applicants must be available for interview on the 01 and 03 November 2023 in Ballyowen Meadows
Please complete the attached application form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Traveller Families Care Clg is a Voluntary Organisation providing a range of Community and Residential Services for Traveller families and Children who Travel in partnership with TUSLA, The Child and Family Agency. These posts provide an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and evolving service committed to quality child care practices. We offer regular supervision and ongoing opportunities for training and professional development.
Traveller Families Care GLC are a voluntary Organisation. We receive funding from TUSLA to provide residential care. Salaries are in line with TUSLA Pay Scales and staff are eligible to join the HSE Pension Scheme.
Traveller Families Care Clg is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Traveller Families Care Clg Registration Number 264514