Connecting with Young Men
Date: 4th December, 2018
Time: 9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Venue: Blackrock Education Centre, Kill Ave. Dun Laoghaire
Aim of the Workshop
The aim of this workshop is to assist a broad range of practitioners to effectively connect with young men on mental health and wellbeing issues. It focuses on the engagement process (i.e. WHY and HOW to build relationships with young men), rather than offering a new mental health programme. This is because workers who have had success in engaging young men say that if you can get the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ right, anything is possible.
Objectives of Workshop
The key objectives for this workshop are to:
• Demonstrate why we need to work with young men as a specific group.
• Help participants to reflect on their own value base, experience, attitudes towards, and expectations of young men.
• Explore the world of young men, the issues that they face and opportunities that exist to engage with them.
• Consider the practicalities of ‘what works’.
• Increase the confidence of participants in relation to working with young men.
Who Should Attend?
This Workshop will be of interest to a broad range of service providers and practitioners who wish to connect in more meaningful ways with young men.
The ‘Connecting with Young Men’ workshop is free for all participants.
To apply for a place on this workshop or for further information, please contact:
Helen McCormack, HSE Health Promotion & Improvement