We regret to announce that the Social Care Ireland Annual Conference has been CANCELLED in line with government guidelines.
The conference will be rescheduled for 2021 at the same venue.
Refunds will be processed in the coming days.
Please contact the hotel directly to cancel your accommodation.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made up to five working days before the event are refundable. Cancellations made after this, are non-refundable. Substitutions may be made without charge at any time, please contact email@example.com to arrange the substitution.
TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY: If you experience difficulties of a technical nature while placing a booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communication & Culture on End-of-Life Care (What Matters to Me) is a one-day workshop designed for staff working in designated centres and community settings with people with intellectual disabilities.
The workshop aims to;
Improve end-of-life care for people living with intellectual disabilities by enhancing communication skills so staff at all levels are better able to engage in discussions with residents about what is really important to them.
• Seeing things from a resident’s perspective – what matters most to each individual
• Acting as an advocate
• Exploration of what is involved in good End of Life Care
• Communication with residents about future wishes and end of life care
• Communication with family members about End of Life Care
At the end of this workshop participants will have:
• Reflected on end-of- life care from a personal, organisational and resident’s perspective
• Develop an understanding of providing person centred End of Life Care
• Enhance their skills in talking with patients and family members about End of Life Care
• Enhance their skills in supporting residents and family members at End of Life.
Participants: This workshop is for is suitable for all members of staff in community settings and designated centres for people with intellectual disabilities. It helps participants to improve their skills, confidence and competence when communicating with residents in long stay settings at End of Life.
Facilitator: The Irish Hospice Foundation