We invite you to be part of the Know Check Ask medication safety campaign which launched successfully in July.
Join the conversation on social media in advance of World Patient Safety Day (17th September) by using hashtag #KnowCheckAsk and #Patientsafety. Many hospitals, residential settings, day services, health centres and patient advocacy organisations are promoting the campaign materials locally.
The campaign encourages people who take regular medicines, and those assisting them, to:
• Know your medicines and keep a list, bringing it to appointments and if admitted to hospital
• Check that you are using the right medicine the right way
• Ask your healthcare professional if you’re unsure
These simple actions can help people to manage their medicines. The list can aid better communication, particularly at transitions of care.
Encourage patients and service users to:
• Print off a copy of the My Medicines List
• Ask for a My Medicines List leaflet in community pharmacies.
• Ask their pharmacy or GP practice to print a list of their medicines from their records.
• Create their own list, on paper, as a note on their phone or take a photo of their list and keep it on their phone.
Information and resources are available from the safermeds.ie website. If you need support contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We really appreciate your support in promoting this message and campaign locally. Working together enhances the potential for the campaign to reach a greater number of people.
National Medication Safety Programme
HSE National Quality Improvement Team