A number of initiatives have been launched to improve Mental Health Service Users’ physical health
These initiatives were developed with service users and include:
- A Physical Health Assessment Tool for Acute Adult Mental Health Units,
- Lifestyles Referral Pathways to access national screening, alcohol misuse and smoking cessation services,
- The Let’s Get Active Guidelines which will:
- Help staff to raise awareness of the benefits of exercise as a useful therapeutic tool for people with mental health problems.
- Provide practical resources and strategies for staff to support service users to include physical activity in daily life.
Find more information about physical health supports for mental health.