Rethinking Foster Care:Therapeutic Approaches
A half day online event to be held by The Mulberry Bush and ORB8
- To gain a greater understanding of what is meant by therapeutic foster care (trauma, attachment and neurodevelopmentally informed foster care) and its application
- To explore why we need therapeutic foster care
- To share practitioners’ experiences via the keynote and workshop sessions
- To gain best practice ideas and skills to implement in your own work/organisation
- To raise the profile of the partner organisations and their work in this area, with a focus on children in foster care and strengthening families and communities
10.00 Brief Introductions
10.10 Jane Herd, Orb8: What makes fostering therapeutic?
10.20 – 10.50 Discussion.
11.00 – 11.20 Harvey Gallagher, NAFP: Implications for sector development
11.20 – 11.50 Discussion
12.00 – 12.20 The Mulberry Bush; Training and reflective practice for foster carers
12.20 – 13.00 Discussion and Plenary – where do we go from here?
Cost: £20 per person (£10 early bird tickets available until 15th May)
Venue: This is an online event to be held over Zoom. Full details will be provided on booking.