4th September 2023
Company/Organisation Name: AK Inspired
Contact Person: Katie Cotter
Phone: 066 7117315
We are seeking a Social Care Coordinator who will be responsible for providing leadership, support and guidance to our Social Care Workers and Support Workers ensuring they have the skills, knowledge, resources and motivation to fulfil their responsibilities and are able to support and empower participants in line with the ethos of the Organisation and The New Directions Programme and associated Interim Standards.
Job Title: Social Care Coordinator
Job Location: Tralee, Co. Kerry
- Provide leadership, direction, training and development and continuous learning to participants, Support Workers, Social Care Workers and students on work placement within the service.
- Supervise the performance of Social Care Workers, Support Workers and students including taking responsibility for timekeeping, coordinating attendance records and annual leave, and appraising staff performance.
- Actively facilitate staff probationary meetings, giving an honest and factual appraisal of individual staff member’s performance while providing support and direction to staff development plans. Give one to one staff support where necessary and maintain relevant records on this.
- Act as a support to staff and provide a working environment where all staff feel affirmed and valued so that they will see themselves as having ownership for all the activities in their part of the service.
- Facilitate team building and staff motivation.
- Be the main liaison with colleges for Social Care Student placements. Ensure that the requirements of CORU are met in relation to social work practice, continuous professional development and adherence to the code of conduct and ethics.
- Endeavour to ensure that any feedback, inclusive of suggestions, compliments and complaints is supported, encouraged, reported, recorded and utilised to enhance the improvement of the service.
- Collaboration with the Programme Coordinator on any programme changes.
- Report regularly to the Manager regarding the participants progress and welfare
- Hold a minimum of a Level 7 on the QQI Framework – BA in Social Care Studies or equivalent qualification in Social Care.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience, which must include the supervision of staff & volunteers.
- An excellent knowledge of statutory regulations and standards.
- A proven ability to lead and support teams.
- Experience of working with people with a range of high support needs and behaviours of concern.
- Experience in disability day service provision or supervisory role.
- Experience in communicating with families and multi-disciplinary professionals.
- Experience in and a commitment to promoting community presence.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Drive, Google Forms.
- A full clean drivers licence.
- Applicants must hold a valid Irish work permit.
Salary: €38,000 – €42,000
- Additional leave
- Company Pension
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Pay
Any Other Information:
*Closing Date: 15th September 2023
*How to Apply/Contact Details: Apply via email with C.V to email@example.com