The Four Ferns, a 5-star purpose built elderly care facility in Foxrock, is currently recruiting for a Social Care Manager for a 12-month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
The Social Care Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager in the home. The successful candidate will assist in maintaining and enhancing the professional services and provision of care to residents.
The primary role of the Social Care Manager is to;
- Ensure that each residents emotional, psychological, spiritual and physical needs and met and enhanced.
- Planning, developing and evaluating a social care programme that meets the needs of the residents.
- Monitoring the skills and training needs to the activities team so that activities are varied and meaningful.
- Conduct regular resident forums and meetings to obtain feedback, share information, education and training.
- Design and delivery of Person Centred and Privacy and Dignity training for all team members.
- Ensuring that the residents right to information is always upheld.
- Monitor the resident’s mealtime experience through observation and survey feedback.
- To be familiar and comply with the homes policies and procedures as governed by HIQA.
- Building relationships with the resident’s family and ensuring that Life Histories are completed in detail, to assist in ensuring a sense of familiarity for the resident.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following qualifications and/or experience to fulfil the requirements of this role:
- A Third level qualification in Social Care
- Previous experience in a similar setting with evidence of creativity and innovation
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- A working knowledge of HIQA standards is a distinct advantage
- An ability to build productive relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- The ability to communicate effectively with residents, family members, team members, management and external bodies e.g. HIQA, HSE, GPs etc.
- Excellent IT skills
We are renowned for teamwork and excellent provision of care. Offering flexible work practices, a friendly and homely working atmosphere, promotional, learning and developmental opportunities. We pride ourselves with exceptional resident care which stands at the forefront of our core values.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Contribution
- Death in Service and Disability Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career Progression and ongoing training and development opportunities
If you are interested in working with us please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org