Job Order – Social Care Manager, Co. Cork
Daffodil Care Services is seeking to recruit an experienced Social Care Manager for our mainstream children’s residential centre in Mallow, Co. Cork. This role was created due to internal progression and is a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
Excellent salary and benefits package for the right person
Key responsibilities will include:
- Promotion and Practice of Daffodil Care Services organisational values and statement of purpose and function in line with the National Standards governing the provision of care in Children’s Residential Centres.
- Provision of professional supervision to the Care Team and ongoing mentoring of the Centre staff.
- To role model child-centred practice to both staff and young people.
- Monitoring and supporting individual care plans within this therapeutic service ensuring needs are addressed and communicating and assisting parents and families in a professional manner.
- Financial management of the unit and for each service user.
- Participation in planning, development and evaluation of services as required and which will enhance the future of the Service as a whole
- Representing Daffodil Care Services at external events and liaising with organisations such as the HSE, Gardai, schools, and other relevant agencies.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A qualification at degree level on the National Framework of Qualifications in Social Care or equivalent
- Minimum five years post grad experience, along with two years’ experience within a supervisory role, in a children’s residential unit
- Strong experience in and demonstrated ability to empower others to achieve
- Personal attributes of positivity, flexibility and problem-solving attitude as well as empathy and maturity are essential
- A current full clean Driving Licence prior to commencement of employment
If you would like to be a part of our team that has a track record in developing therapeutic services and providing unrivalled career development opportunities for our staff, then Daffodil Care Services could be the career move you are looking for.
To apply for this role please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Roisin on 085 8030322 for further information.