World Mental Health Day takes place on the 10th of October and the important theme this year is Suicide Prevention.
On October 10th, we’d love to see you Connect as one way to nurture and enhance your own mental health. There’s a few ways you can do this:
• Connecting with yourself – notice how you are feeling, take some time to connect with your own thoughts and feelings and how these might affect your mental health and wellbeing;
• Connecting with others – smile at a stranger, say thank you to a colleague, or have a chat with family or friends;
• Connecting with your community – organise a work lunch, get to know your neighbours, join a new group, or check in with people and ask how they really are.
We will be hosting a Connect Café from 1:00pm – 2:00pm on World Mental Health Day, and we’re calling on you to connect with others across the country by hosting your own Connect Café!
• When: October 10th, 1:00pm – 2:00pm
• Where: You choose your own location
• How: Download your own Host your own Connect Cafe pack
The goal of the Connect Café is to open up conversations and strengthen the connection with yourself, with others and with your community.
Bring your very own Connect Café to your workplace, club, community or home, by downloading our step-by-step Guide below!
Get in touch if you’ve any questions!
Enjoy, and happy connecting!
Our mailing address is:
Mental Health Ireland
1-4 Adelaide Road
Dun Laoghaire, Dublin