KidsRights annually awards the prestigious International Children’s Peace Prize to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights. The winner receives:
- The “Nkosi” statuette which depicts a child that sets the world in motion;
- The “Desmund Tutu” study and care fund to enable the child to obtain an education;
- A project fund of €100.000, which is invested by KidsRights in relevant children’s rights projects that are closely connected to the winner’s area of work.
In addition, winning the International Children’s Peace Prize gives the winner a global platform to promote their work. For example, last year, the winner’s message reached more than 130 million people all over the world on social media!The nominations are open until March 1st, 2023!Last year, KidsRights received 175 nominations from 46 countries around the world. This year, make sure your country is represented in the nominations by nominating a young changemaker now! Download this nomination form2. Fill in the requisite details, and don’t forget to attach the duly signed Authorization Form 3. Upload the form in the link by filling your contact details for the purpose of registrationThe nomination process is simple: 1.
Or share this email with people within your network who may know someone they would like to nominate. The deadline for entries is March 1, 2023Who can be nominated?
- A child above 12 years and under 18 years of age; (the child should not be older than 17 years by the time of the nomination deadline)
- The child must have a clear history of standing up and fighting for the rights of him/herself and other children. It is important that the child has an active approach in accomplishing this goal, which has led to a concrete result;
- Ability to travel abroad and feeling comfortable communicating with other people;
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize.