CPD Working Group
About The Group
The CPD Working Group was established through the Irish Association of Social Care Workers in 2014. This group represents Social Care Workers, Managers and Educators with a wide variety of knowledge and skills related to social care practice and education. The key objective of the CPD Working Group is to develop structures and supports for Social Care Workers to prepare for Statutory Registration Continuing Professional Development Requirements.
The CPD Working Group engaged in a consultation process with Social Care Workers, Managers and Educators to develop Social Care Ireland CPD Policy and Portfolio which was launched in March 2015.
The CPD Working Group full Terms of Reference are available here.
For more information on Social Care Ireland CPD contact email@example.com
Aims of the working group
- Support, monitor and advise on the work plan of the CPD Officer.
- Develop a clear framework to support Social Care Workers to engage in CPD.
- Research, develop and monitor implementation of SCI CPD Policy.
- Review, evaluate and determine CPD endorsement for training, courses, workshops submitted by external providers to SCI/IASCW.
- Carry out an audit of between 5-10% of SCI/IASCW members CPD Portfolios annually including review of members’ portfolios and determination of issuing SCI/IASCW Certificate of Compliance.
- Identify emerging CPD needs for Social Care Workers and plan responses, as appropriate.
Current CPD Working Group Members
- Charlotte Burke
- Leon Ledwidge
- David Williams
- Mark Smith
- Mary O’Gorman
- Sinead Tierney
- David Rose
- Brian Hogan
- Kevin Rehill
- Fiona Murry