"Social Care Workers are professional practitioners engaged in the practice of social care work. Social care work is a relationship based approach to the purposeful planning and provision of care, protection, psychosocial support and advocacy in partnership with vulnerable individuals and groups who experience marginalisation, disadvantage or special needs. Principles of social justice and human rights are central to the practice of Social Care Workers."
- Social Care Workers Board, CORU
Learn more ...
Social Care Ireland provides Members with advocacy, representation and support in the practice of Social Care Work, as well as an opportunity to improve the Standards and quality of Social Care Work in Ireland.
Social Care Ireland welcomes members from across the Social Care Work profession, including Workers, Managers, Educators and Students.
The Mission of Social Care Ireland is the following:
- To provide a consistent and cohesive voice both privately and publicly to key issues relevant to Social Care Work, Management and Education
- To help bring elements of Social Care Education, Training and Practice closer together
- To aid consultation for outside agencies on the development of the Social Care Profession
- To follow some of the successes of other professions in providing a common voice for different branches of the same discipline