About The Group
The Special Interest Group is a group of Social Care Workers/Leaders in the Disability sector, with a common practice interest. It was established under the auspices of Social Care Ireland to support the interests, activities and advancement of Social Care Workers/Leaders. It aims to promote the identity of Social Care in Disability services, as well as promote best practice for Social Care in Disability services. The Special Interest Group aims to provide a voice for Social Care Workers/Leaders in the Disability sector, and to advocate on common issues, as well as share information and support with peers.
The Special Interest Group aims to provide a voice for Social Care Workers/Leaders in the Disability sector, and to advocate on common issues, as well as share information and support with peers.
For more information on Social Care Ireland CPD contact email@example.com.
The Disability SIG purpose
- The Special Interest Group is responsible for advocating for the professionalisation of the discipline of Social Care in Disability Services.
- To encourage, promote, facilitate and support the advancement of Social Care in the Disability sector.
- To be proactive and take responsibility for information gathering, and to participate in policy development specific to Social Care in Disability specific services.
- To recognise current and emerging issues and trends of relevance to Social Care Workers/Leaders, and discuss the impact of those issues and trends.
- To support Social Care Workers/Leaders in the disability sector, in respect of participating in Continued Professional Development, by having input in the provision of relevant training and development.
- To provide an important communication link and point of direct contact for the Social Care Workers/Leaders in Disability services.
- Christine Barretto - Chair
- Amy McGrath - Vice Chair
- Grace O`Flynn - Secretary
- Antonia Kenny - Vice Secretary
- Aishling Lambe
- Antoinette Behan
- Deborah Gill
- Carmel Shaughessy