Social Care Ireland (SCI) is the professional representative body for the social care work profession in the republic of Ireland. SCI provides members with advocacy, representation, support in the practice of social care work, as well as an opportunity to improve the standards and quality of social care work in Ireland. Social Care Ireland welcomes members from across the social care work profession, including workers, managers, educators, and students.
Membership Rates now reduced
Spread the Word – Stronger Together. To help us spread the good news, can we ask you to print the poster and hang it up in your work place. Click here to download the poster
Membership of Social Care Ireland includes the following benefits:
- Free CPD portfolio, resources and support in meeting statutory requirements of registration with CORU.
- Reduced rates at conferences, lectures, training and other Social Care Ireland Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events/webinars.
- Access to training grants from IASCM, maximum grant €300.
- Access to Garda vetting at a reduced cost through IASCM.
- Professional advice and support from Social Care Ireland office, board and CPD coordinator.
- Participation in special interest groups and committees.
- Consultation and input into national standards, policy and legislation.
- Access to ‘Curam’ magazine (online edition).
- Online access to all previous editions of IJASS.
- Access to member only area through SCI website with access to additional resources and supports.
- Invitation to the annual Social Care Ireland conference and AGM.
- Job advertisements.
- Access to Cornmarket Group Financial Services – financial advice.
- Access to Childlink and SAaRIH providing valuable resources and information for social care.
Future Benefits will include:
- Optional fitness to practice insurance cover