SCI provides Members with advocacy, representation, support in the practice of Social Care Work, as well as an opportunity to improve the Standards and Quality of Social Care Work in Ireland. Social Care Ireland welcomes members from across the Social Care Work profession, including Workers, Managers, Educators, and Students.
Membership of Social Care Ireland includes the following Benefits:
- Free CPD Portfolio, Resources and Support in meeting statutory requirements of registration with CORU.
- Reduced Rates at Conferences, Lectures, Training and other Social Care Ireland Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Events.
- Invitation to free CPD Events.
- Professional Advice and Support from Social Care Ireland Office, Board and CPD Officer.
- Participation in Special Interest Groups and Committees.
- Access to Garda Vetting at a reduced cost through IASCM.
- Consultation and Input into National Standards, Policy and Legislation.
- Access to ‘Curam’ Magazine and ‘The Link’ Newsletter.
- Online access to all previous editions of IJASS and CPD Bulletins.
- Access to member only area through SCI website with access to additional resources and supports.
- Invitation to the Annual Social Care Ireland Conference and AGM.
- Job advertisements.
- DAS Legal Protection Package including access to free counselling service.
- Access to Childlink and SAaRIH providing valuable resources and information for Social Care.
Future Benefits will include:
- Fitness to Practice Insurance Cover
- Membership with www.groupschemes.ie providing discounts on a range of products, including hotels, travel etc.